
Haley, Lee and I ran the DRC half-marathon this past Sunday. Not a typo...sadly John wasn't able to run with us due to an unexpected Army weapons training weekend in San Antonio. This was my first race without John so I decided to run with music. My IPod was cleared of all music 2 nights before the race. I spent hours trying to recover it and then my Dad spent hours the next night trying to fix it. No luck! So I ran with Cookie's IPod instead. A mix of Spanish music, ABBA and even Christmas songs! It kept me going though (Thanks Cookie!!)
And it turns out - my best race to date. I beat my best time by 4 minutes! The weather was gorgeous and the course was fun (even if a little too hilly). My official race time was 1hr 56min. Looking forward to our next race on Thanksgiving morning - a short 8 mile Turkey Trot through Dallas!
No comments:
Post a Comment